February, “the month of love” is here. Today is Valentines Day so I thought I’d share with you my secret recipe to increasing the #1 missing nutrient in our Standard American Diet (SAD)- Vitamin L. The LOVE vitamin!
Its important that we have healthy relationships all around us. At work, at home… everywhere in life. When we have healthy relationships we feel: love, support, freedom, compassion… and we have the ability to be unstoppable at whatever we’re up to.
Why do we have a Vitamin L deficiency?
- We spend too much time working in jobs we don’t love-Urgh
- We forget to say I love you to our loved ones
- We are afraid of hugs so we go in for The hand handshake
- We forget to spend time doing things for ourselves that we truly love
How do you increase your Vitamin L?
1. Find a new job, one that you love. Easier said than done huh? If this is you currently, simply pick up a hobby for now: reading a book, sewing, playing guitar, running, singing, whatever you LOVE to do. Start by doing your hobby for just 10 minutes per day.
2. Say I love you to everyone that you love. You have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain.
3. Or simply start by giving hugs. Yes, and the amount of hugs you give can make you feel better. I recently heard the statement that most adults are touch-starved. Think about it for yourself. How many hugs do you usually get in one day?
4. Smile or wink to a coworker or a stranger, I bet it will make their day and yours too!
5. Do one thing a day for 5 days that you truly LOVE but have put off for one reason or another. (shop, read a gossip magazine or novel, take a yoga class, go sledding… the sky is the limit)
Practicing self- love and love for others will surely fill our love tanks. In order to have healthy relationships its important to give and recieve love everyday. Love nourishes our mind, body and spirit for optimal wellbeing. Imagine all of the possibilities you can create with an abundance of vitamin L…. The best part is it’s FREE! … and I am already sending you lots of it!
In sending you love and vitality,